1-year-old charred to death in Handwara

Spread the love

A year-old girl was charred to death in Kupwara late last night. Bilqueesa, daughter of Ghulam Nabi Beigh, died after her home in Rakhi Shehlal, 5 km from here caught fire around 10 pm last night.

We had kept candle lighting near her bed upstairs and were busy taking dinner in kitchen. Her bed caught fire and subsequently the floor of the house also caught fire. She was burnt alive. We probably did not hear her screams as we were in the kitchen downstairs,” said father Ghulam Nabi, a farmer.Ghulam Nabi had built a small room under the thatched roof and the victim was sleeping there when the incident took place. Fire tenders rushed to the spot and brought the fire under control but not before the house was damaged to a great extent. “I am a farmer with no source of income. I lost everything in this incident. I appeal to the administration and social groups to help me,” Ghulam Nabi said.

Recommended For You

About the Author: Editorjknews

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Facebook