Today our Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated Shri Mata Vaishno Devi Narayana Superspeciality Hospital at Kakriyal near Katra in Jammu division.
Dr. Devi Prasad Shetty (founder and Chairman) Narayana Hrudayalaya performed the first neonatal heart surgery in the country on a 9-day-old baby named “Ronnie” 1992 a successful operation in medical history. In Kolkata he operated on Mother Teresa after she had a heart attack and subsequently served as her personal physician. He has performed over 15,000 heart operations. He was awarded the Padma Shri, the fourth highest civilian award, in 2004, followed by the Padma Bhushan, the third highest civilian award, in 2012, by the Government of India for his contribution to the field of affordable healthcare.
This superspeciality hospital is made with the vision to cater the patients with various ailments by its 20 different specialized departments primarily focusing on Cardiac Sciences and Oncology. Few things which need to be learned about this big project which will be commissioned today are as follows:
1. This superspeciality will house a full-fledged Bone Marrow Transplant facility.
2. The specialities of the hospital includes: Cardiology, Oncology, Gastroenterology, Orthopaedics, Neurosurgery, Paediatrics, Obstetrics and Gynaecology and Radiology.
3. 24/7 Emergency Services
4. Capacity of 250 beds and 8 emergency beds.
5. Cancer Screening Buses
6. Consultation: In patient & Out-patient
7. Pharmacy, Laboratory, Radiology (128 Slice CT Scan, 1.5 Tesla MRI, Colour Doppler, Ultrasound, Digital X-Ray, Mammography, C-Arm) and Ambulances.
8. Capacity of 62 beds in Intensive Care Unit and 12 beds for Dialysis services.
9. Pulmonary Function Test (PFT), Non –invasive Cardiology: ECG, Echo, TMT.
10. Ultra-modern ICUs with ventilators, defibrillators, multipara monitoring system, and centralized gas supply system and Modern Cath Lab.