Authorities on Friday imposed curfew and restrictions across Kashmir to prevent protests called by the separatists.
Police said restrictions and curfew will remain in force in all the 10 district headquarters of the Valley in addition to Handwara, Kupwara, Sopore, Trehgam and Qaimoh.
“These precautionary measures have been taken to maintain law and order in the Valley”, a senior police officer said here.
Separatists again issued a protest calendar on Thursday extending the protest shutdown till August 18.
Separatists have called for a complete shutdown till August 18, but asked people to resume normal activities from 6 p.m. to 6 a.m. for some specified days.
All senior separatist leaders continue to remain under preventive detention in Srinagar for the last 35 days.
Authorities have also suspended calling facilities on all mobile phones except post paid mobile phones provided by the Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited (BSNL).
Internet facilities on all mobile phones have remained suspended.
So far, 57 people including 55 civilians and two policemen have been killed in the ongoing unrest that started on July 9, a day after Hizbul commander Burhan Wani was killed.