FIRs withdrawn against 390 youth of Sopore, Baramulla under Amnesty scheme

The Police have withdrawn FIRs against 390 youth from Baramulla and Sopore under the amnesty scheme which was announced by chief minister, Mehbooba Mufti, recently.
Under the theme “A New Beginning” an interactive session was Sunday held by Baramulla police with the youth who have been benefited under Amnesty scheme.
A police official said that 390 youth- 240 from Baramulla and 150 from Sopore- were granted amnesty. He said that Baramulla police is planning to grant amnesty to youth belonging to Tangmarg and Kreeri areas in a next meet.
Accompanied by parents, young boys whose cases were withdrawn attended the function. Some senior citizens from Baramulla also attended the function.
MLA Baramulla Javed Beigh, DIG North Kashmir Vidhi Kumar Birdhi and SSP Baramulla Imtiyaz Hussain also spoke on the occasion and stressed upon the youth to contribute “positively towards the lasting peace in the state.”
Beigh while thanking Chief Minister, Mehbooba Mufti, for taking the initiative in the interest of youth and peace said that the foundation of political struggle of CM is based on “safety, security of development of youth of the state and welfare of youth is the priority of the state government.”
“I advise the youngsters to take full advantage of Amnesty scheme and begin a new life as a peaceful citizen and not to indulge in violence that brings miseries and tribulations to their families and to the society in general,” MLA Baramulla said.
Imitiyaz Hussain said, “It was an interaction with youth aimed at giving them confidence so that they begin their life afresh without the baggage of criminal case being against them”.
A feeling of “jubilation and alleviation was found among the youth” who pledged to make a new beginning.
Last month Mehbooba Mufti announced the launch of the Centre’s amnesty for first-time stone pelters.
In a tweet Mehbooba Mufti said: “It gives me immense satisfaction to restart the process of withdrawing FIRs against first time offenders of stone pelting. My government had initiated the process in May, 2016 but it was unfortunately stalled due to the unrest later that year.”

Recommended For You

About the Author: editor

Facebook