India today said the ball is in Pakistan’s court regarding the Foreign Secretary-level meeting scheduled for January 15, as the talks would depend on the action taken by Islamabad against the culprits of the Pathankot terror attack, evidence on which has been provided to the neighbouring country.
Ministry of External Affairs spokesperson Vikas Swarup said here that the two countries had decided to resume comprehensive dialogue, but the Pathankot attack had once again put the focus on cross-border terrorism.
So we will now have to see what action Pakistan takes. We have provided actionable intelligence to them, Mr Swarup said.
When specifically asked whether the talks were on, he said India would like prompt and decisive action from Pakistan as had been promised by Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif.