It’s the season we all love. Bright lights around those Christmas trees, smiling faces and joviality in the air make everything look beautifully glowing, don’t they? And not to forget, those special Christmas parties with everyone dressed to the nines. But is it enough to just put on some nice clothes and completely ignore your make-up? Wake up, ladies. If you still haven’t decided your Christmas look, then you are at the right place.
This season, add some shimmer to your look and go bold with the Christmas colours of red, green and gold.
1) First things first, use a regular cellotape as stencil. It really helps in sketching an exotic cat eye unless you have a steady surgeon’s hand.
2) Apply eyeshadow primer over the lids. It helps the eye make-up stay put and last longer. Just in case you don’t have a primer, use aloe vera gel as a substitute. It moisturises your face but helps dry the skin above the eye at the same time, making it optimal for the eye shadow to stick and last longer.
3) Once you are done with the primer, apply green eyeshadow towards the outer corners of your eyes and smudge. Start halfway, leave the inner corners nude for now.
4) Now, take a bronze eyeshadow and apply it on your tear duct and the nude area. Smudge a little where the two colours merge and on the crease of your eye.
5) Lightly brush in golden glitter over the area where you have applied bronze eyeshadow.
6) Apply a thin liner on the upper lids, let it dry and then remove the cellotapes.
7) You can also use a blush to highlight your cheekbones and get that flushed look. Use a little compact on the rest of your face, but if you are not comfortable, you can totally skip it.
8) Paint your lips a gorgeous red that matches your skin tone and the occasion.
9) Apply highlighter under your eyes in case you have dark circles or eye bags.
10) Finish it off with a hydrogen spray.