March 18: One of the most loved Indian festivals, Holi is around the corner. Everyone loves to play with colours, water guns, water filled balloons, etc in this festival. But this colour festival can damage our hair and skin because of harmful and toxic chemicals.
Here are some tips to protect skin and hair:
- Apply vaseline, olive oil, coconut oil, mustard oil on your face and body before and after playing with colours.
- Protect your nails from harsh effects of colours by painting your fingers and toes with nail polish.
- Wear long sleeves and full length bottoms to protect your skin.
- Instead of using colours that contains harmful chemicals, you can opt for natural colours such as henna, turmeric, marigold flowers, tomatoes and tea leaves for a safe and skin-friendly Holi.
- One can easily remove holi colours by massaging face and body with til oil.