Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) has commenced admissions for January 2016 session for its 125 academic programmes.
To apply for there various certificate, diploma, bachelors and masters degree programmes, check the common prospectus for more details. It is mandatory to register with their Online Admission System before you can submit your admission form.
You can use one e-mail address to fill multiple admission forms. However, rules related to simultaneous registration to academic programmes apply.
Admission to these programmes is without an entrance test.
How to apply online:
1) Open the URL (http://onlineadmission.ignou.ac.in)
2) You need to complete the registration process (which creates ‘User Name’ and ‘Password’ for you)
3) Your ‘User Name’ and ‘Password’ will be informed through SMS and email
4) Re-login to the system using the information sent to you
5) Fill admission form online
6) Upload your recent photograph (maximum size 100KB in JPG format) and your specimen signature (maximum size 100KB in JPG format)
7) Upload scanned copies of the relevant documents (maximum size 400KB each document in JPG/PDF format)
8) Read the declaration and check the ‘Declaration’ box
9) Preview your data and confirm details
10) Make payment of fee through the credit/debit card/net banking
11) Payment confirmation message is sent to you through SMS and email
12) Press next button to see the form preview
The application containing the prospectus is issued for Rs 200. Last date to apply to IGNOU Regional Centre without paying the late fee is November 30. You have to pay Rs 300, in case of late fee, by December 21.