Effective July 1, the Indian Railways will have many changes in its existing rules and regulations that will benefit millions of passengers.
- Begining July 1, passengers will get refund amount of 50 percent on cancellation of tatkal tickets.
- Timing for booking tatkal will also be changed. From July 1, tatkal window for AC coach will be open betwen 10 am and 11 am while for sleeper coach it will be open from 11 am to 12 pm.
- Waiting list will come to an end from July 1. The Suvidha trains. Tickets shall be issued only for confirmed and RAC passengers accommodation. There shall be no provision for waiting list in the train.
- From July 1 the number of coaches on Rajdhani and Shatabdi will be increased.
- Rajdhani and Shatabdi trains will have paperless tickets from July 1. Mobile tickets will be valid on these trains.
- Railways will also start ticket booking on various language.
- From July 1, Premium trains will come to an end.
- For cancellation of suvidha train tickets, passengers can get half refund.
- 50 percent refund of fare on cancellation charge of rupees one hundred for airconditioned-II tier/first class, rupees ninety for airconditioned III-tier/3 economy/airconditioned chair car and rupees sixty for sleeper class will be granted.