Militants escapes from encounter site

Fleeing of two Lashkar-e-Toiba (LeT) militants from the cordon area is a matter of grave concern as already they injured two army men during a gun battle between them in Shahgund area of Hajin in Bandipora district. These were the same militants who fled from the cordon in Parray Mohalla Hajin, when Army’s 13 Rashtriya Rifles, Special Operations Group (SOG) Bandipora and Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) cordoned it off last week. This is for the second time that militants fled from the cordon since last evening in Kashmir.
However, these militants were identified as Musaib and Maviya and Khitab, all Pakistanis, infiltrated into Kashmir this year and are operating in this area for past few months. Though the security forces have been tracking them for last few months in the area but they once again give them slip. This is not the first time when some militant groups intercepted with security forces in the valley and injured or killed them during encounter but taking advantage of locals or forest areas they managed to flee from the spot. Now security as well as army personnel to be more vigil as these escapers would conduct something more dangerous attack on them.
However yesterday early morning, on the tip off, security forces launched a joint operation in Shahgund Hajin area wherein at least three militants of LeT, who were hiding in the village, opened fire at the troops who were laying cordon around Gulshanpora Mohalla of Shahgund in Hajin, injuring two Army men. The injured Army men were shifted to hospital for treatment but the militants under the cover of heavy fire and darkness fled.
The security forces cordoned off the adjacent areas but could not trace out the militants who were hiding in the village and fled after a brief gun battle.
A group of militants fled after security forces cordoned off Bandzoo village in Pulwama district of South Kashmir last evening. Security forces received specific information about presence of a group of militants in the orchard area of the village last evening.
However, the local militants of LeT and Hizbul Mujahideen had a meeting in the orchards to chalk out the strategy and security forces after receiving information cordoned it off but the militants managed to flee. Security forces later conducted searches of these orchards but militants had fled. They, however, recovered two pouches, one magazine, 60 rounds of ammunition and some food items.

Recommended For You

About the Author: editor