In a bizarre incident a labourer working at the construction site of Bikram Chowk flyover today died in the broad day light due to the mysterious electric shock, raising a question mark over the safety of the workers.
Reports said the deceased Surabh Chowdary (21) son of Shambu Chowdary resident of Bihar at present Bikram Chowk was doing work at the under construction flyover near Asia hotel and meanwhile he touched an iron road (saria) fitted on the side after which he mysteriously fell down and died on the spot. The colleagues of the deceased raised an alarm after the incident and evacuated him from the site besides informed their bosses and police who rushed to the site and shifted him to Government Medical College and Hospital (GMC&H) Jammu where doctors declared him as brought dead.
The incident has triggered a sense of panic and insecurity among the workers and their bosses as the site where this tragic incident took place is completely devoid of electric wires and even no electric circuit is passing through it.
Both the police and concerned construction agency tried their best to find out the source of the electric current which killed a 21 years old youth in seconds but they failed and finally declared the site as unsafe besides have called the experts tomorrow to expose the source of this mysterious deadly current.
Later the body of the deceased was sent to his home town Bihar after the completion of autopsy and all legal formalities by the police. Taking cognizance of the incident the police have also registered a case under section 304 A (mysterious death) at police post Nehru Market besides have directed the construction company not to allow any worker to visit that site till further orders.