Rising temp giving nightmares; Property worth lakhs gutted

Spread the love

Balwant Singh Bhau

From the forest fires to the godown flames, this intense heat has led to a whole new season of house fires. In a last couple of weeks, fire destroyed many hectares of forest lands across the city,goods worth lakhs were gutted.
It took several efforts to douse the fire bringing a test before the fire brigade department.
A recent fire broke out at the house of Ashwani Kumar of Bhagwati Nagar in which goods worth lakhs were gutted. The cause of the fire was found as the short circuit which ignited the furniture and electronic appliances lying in the drawing room later on spreading to the rest of the house.
The lack of a sprinkler system inside the house and other water sources nearby made it extremely challenging for fire fighters to douse the flames.
But that is just one example. There are several causes which lead to these fire incidents.
The causes of these fires range from food left unattended on the stove to candles left burning. From the moment a fire starts to the point where the structure is fully engulfed is usually less than two minutes, which is why it is so important for occupants to get out of the home as quickly as possible and not try to put out a large fire themselves.
A majority of these fires are preventable with some forethought and care to minimize the risks.
From general experience, the five most preventable causes are cooking-related fires, unattended candles, burdened electrical connections, lighting malfunctions and smoking cigarettes or cigars.
Electricity is used to power just about everything in today’s modern home. However, plugging your television, games console and mobile phones into one socket is simply asking for trouble. Overloading the socket will cause the cables to overheat which will damage the insulation over time.
The best way to avoid electrical fires is by not overloading plug sockets and keeping the use of extension packs to an absolute minimum.
Similarly talking about the kitchen fires , with electricity, gas, wood and a number of chemicals to be found in your kitchen, you need to make sure you take every precaution possible to minimize the chances of a fire occurring.

Recommended For You

About the Author: Editorjknews

Facebook