Rooftop of a house gutted in fire at Chatroo area, Fire Tenders reached after 2 hours

Spread the love

A mysterious fire has gutted rooftop of a residential house at village Chouhanpura in Sub-Division Chatroo of Kishtwar district today morning.  The fire, which started at 7:30 am on Friday morning, destroyed  rooftop of the residential house belonging to Mohd Qasim Chouhan.     After listening about the incident, Police immediately reached the spot and started the operation to douse the fire, which was spreading very rapidly as the houses was mostly made of dry Cedar and Pine wood.    “After receiving the information about the fire, Police team rushed to the spot and with the help of locals immediately started  the operation to doused the flames, but by that time the entire wooden roof of the house had turned into ashes but we save the house,” said SHO Chatroo Inspector Ravi Kant.  The cause of fire is said to be due to ashes of Kitchen chimney.     “The roof of the house caught fire due to ashes from Kitchen chimney as the roof was full of dry grass,” SHO Chatroo Informed.   The house belongs to Mohd Qasim Chouhan son of Karam Din Chouhan R/o Chouhanpura , Chatroo.   However, no injury or casualty has reported in the incident.     According to villagers, fire tenders reached at 9:30 am(after 2 hours), which shows the irresponsible attitude of the Deptt.    Meanwhile Member of Legislative Assembly from Inderwal, G. M Saroori expressed grief over the damage to property of Mohd Qasim Chouhan in fire incident at Chatroo area of  Kishtwar district.    While expressing sympathy with the victim Saroori assured every possible help. He also directed the district and sub-division administrations to carry out relief and rehabilitation measures for the fire incident.

Recommended For You

About the Author: Editorjknews

Facebook