Towering inferno causes panic

Spread the love

Ahmedabad, December 19
Fire broke out this morning at a high-rise commercial tower here on the main arterial Sarkhej-Gandhinagar(SG) highway.
Though no casualty was reported, a woman complaining of suffocation, was shifted to a hospital.
The commercial tower had BMW showroom on the ground floor. Fire started in cable duct, somewhere above 5th floor.
Fire fighters evacuated some people from inside the building by opening the outer glass panels.
Fire was quickly controlled in this ten-storey building but smoke continued to create panic inside.
Chief Fire Officer of Ahmedabad Fire and Emergency Services Minoch Dastoor said fire in cable duct caused the inferno.
He said, “As it was fire in duct, its impact was felt across all 11 floors. Fire was limited to duct but its smoke sparked-off panic.”
He said there were about 200 people in the building when fire broke out. Of them most people were evacuated. Some who were inside the offices were asked to keep door shut and stay inside as it was safe for them. Two fire tenders, two water browsers and one container ladder were used for fire fighting.
Datsoor said staircases and corridor were closed by glasses and therefore the situation worsened further. Fire brigade has removed these glass partitions.

Recommended For You

About the Author: Editorjknews

Facebook