April 8:A 30-year-old youth was electrocuted to death after coming in contact with a live wire in Doda town here today afternoon. According to Police sources, the incident took place when Mudasir Hussain Butt 30 Years old S/O Mohd Ramzan Butt of Nagri Doda came in contact with a high-tension line while mending the water pipes near a transformer. “Mudasir was reportedly mending the water pipes of PHE near District Hospital Doda, when he suddenly came in contact with a live wire of an open transformer and was electrocuted to death,” said SSP Doda Zahid Naseem Manhas. “We have lodged an FIR and registered a case under section 304-A RPC at Police Station Doda for negligence. The said transformer is owned by a private telecom company. Investigation is on but it is yet to be ascertained that whether Power Development Department or telecom operator are responsible for keeping the transformer open on such a crowded place,” Manhas added. Meanwhile after Postmortem the body was handed over to family members for last rites.