20-yr-old woman orders biryani online, dies after eating

20-yr-old woman orders biryani online, dies after eating
In a suspected case of food poisoning, a 20-year old woman died on Saturday, January 7, after allegedly consuming a biriyani dish from a local hotel. Police said that Anju Sreeparvathy from Perumbala near Kasargod, had consumed kuzhi mandi which she purchased online from a restaurant named Romansia at Kasaragod on December 31. She fell sick after consuming the food and had been undergoing treatment since then.

“A case has been registered after her parents filed the complaint. The woman died early Saturday morning,” police said, adding that further action will be taken based on the post-mortem report. Anju was undergoing treatment at a private hospital, from where she was taken to another hospital at Mangaluru in Karnataka, where she died.

Meanwhile, state Health Minister Veena George, ordered a probe into the incident. “Directions have been issued to the Food Safety Commissioner to file a report with regard to the incident. The DMO is also looking into the incident and the treatment given to the girl,” George told reporters at Pathanamthitta.