COVID 19: confirmed cases 4281, 111 deaths, 318 cured, 25500 Jamaatis and contacts quarantined so far

With a spike in fresh cases since past twenty-four hours, confirmed cases of Novel Coronavirus in the country on Monday evening stood at 4281, according to Health Ministry data.

Fresh cases reported in the past 24 hours are more than 693, said Joint Secretary Health Ministry, Lav Agarwal, during his address to the press this evening.

Currently, the active COVID cases in the country stand at 3851, according to the Health Ministry.

The number of total deaths due to coronavirus in the country so far are 111, while 318 cases have been cured and discharged, the health ministry said.

According to Agarwal, 1445 so far out of the total cases are related to the Tablighi Jamaat.

Speaking to press, Joint Secy MHA Punya Salila Srivastava said that so far the government has quarantined over 25,500 Tablighi Jamaat workers and their contacts.

1750 foreign Tablighi workers have been blacklisted, she added.

In total 76 per cent of the cases have been reported in males and the rest 24 per cent in females across the nation, he said.

47 per cent of the total cases are in the people below age 40, 34 per cent in the age group of 40 – 60 and 19 per cent are in the age group above 60 years, Agarwal said.

Mr Agarwal further said that out of total deaths so far, 63 per cent of casualties have been reported among people who were above 60 years age, while 30 per cent of the deceased were in the age bracket of 40 to 60 years and remaining 7 per cent were the ones who were below the age of 40.